The award recipients were recently honored at Alumni Chapel:
Distinguished Alumni Award: Merry Smith, B.S. Business Administration '00
Distinguished Alumni Award: Clarence Duvall, B.A. Behavioral Science '81
Service to the University Award: Faith Smith, B.A. Music Education '75
Outstanding Young Alumni Award: Jeff Ewing, B.A. Business Administration & B.S. Sports Management '99
Educator of the Year Award: Brian Kruger, M.S. in Education '06 & M.B.A. '07
Congratulations to the 2012 recipients! Nominations will re-open this fall for the 2013 awards. Stay tuned for more details!
Unexpected Passing of Professor Sandra Moore
The MBU community is saddened to share the news that Sandra Moore, Assistant Professor of Accounting and Business Administration at Missouri Baptist University, went to be with the Lord on Saturday, April 21. She had quite an impact on faculty, staff, and students. Funeral arrangements can be found HERE.
Alumni share tips during Backpack to Briefcase Social Media Summit
Four alumni who are local leaders in the social media industry returned to MBU to offer insight regarding how to stand apart from others using social media tools. The panel included:
- Archie McKinlay ’05, social media strategist and community coordinator for Joyce Meyer Ministries
- Heather Vaughn ’01, social media coordinator for Cotton Babies, Inc.
- Craig Allen ’09, owner of Socially Acceptable
- Jenn Cloud ’08, 2011-2012 Young and Free Spokesperson for Vantage Credit Union
The panelists offered valuable advice to the students about how they can use social media to market themselves. We are always grateful to alumni who lend their expertise for the benefit of students.
Alumni Summer Membership to the Carl and Deloris Petty Sports and Recreation Complex (SRC)
WHO: Any person completing two or more semesters of study at MBU
WHEN: May 14- August 17, 2012
COST: $25 for summer
- Alumni must complete membership forms and pay fee with cash/check upon first visit.
- Alumni will be required to present a photo ID and membership card when accessing the fitness center.
- Alumni are eligible for group fitness classes.
For more information and to check out the summer hours HERE.
The 2nd annual Spartan Summer Nights dates have been released! Join us this summer at the Cardinals game, Magic House and Muny. More details HERE.
- The Young Alumni Progressive Dinner will be on Thursday, April 26 on campus. Join other young alumni for good food and fun! Go HERE to sign up now!
- 80's Reunion: Did you attend Missouri Baptist in the 80's? Save the date for a big 80's reunion! November 10 from 5:30 - 7:30 pm. Come early at 4:30 for a guided tour of campus. Find out more information HERE.
The Campus Ministry Office offers several mission trips for students, including upcoming trips to Kenya and Haiti. If you would like to financially support the students, contact Jonathan White, Campus Minister.
You can choose to donate any time to any aspect of campus operations by going online or mailing in a check. Contact Jon Vestal, Director of Development, if you have any specific questions about giving.
Alumni Spotlight: David Mayden (History '74)
College Activities: Student Body President, Cheerleader, School Newspaper Staff
Favorite Professors: Dr. Arlen Dykstra and Professor Robert Ethridge
Favorite Memories: Serving in Student Government, traveling with basketball team, and studying for Dr. Dykstra's history tests
Family Information: Wife (Jeanine), two daughters (Gail and Nealie), and four grandchildren (Gina, Adler, Baylor, Carter)
Occupation: Fire Captain/Paramedic for the St. Charles Fire Department (1977-2004). Firefighter of the Year in 1995 and currently a Red Cross Volunteer.
Cheerleaders take home third at Nationals
Spartans Lock-Down AMC Title
Find Us Online
Join us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Connect with the MBU Alumni Association and connect with your fellow alumni.
What is the Peloponnesian?
Why it is the name of the newsletter? For more information and to view previous e-newsletters, GO HERE.